1 – 2 Hours Monthly
Recurring (Monthly Updates)
The monthly Website Maintenance project is intended to keep your website healthy, free of malware, and performing optimally.
Malware and other site issues, left unchecked, can cause problems with site functionality and downtime, which can result in loss of business. These issues can be easily avoided in most cases by ensuring that all site software is up to date and that any malware issues are addressed before they get out of hand.
This project is also used to check your site for broken links, proper analytics tracking, site speed and more on a monthly basis.
What to Expect
During the first week of your Website Maintenance project, our team performs a full backup of your site before analyzing the site for any existing malware issues. If issues do exist, our team will touch base to confirm details and make arrangements to get the site to a healthy state.
Once we have confirmed that the site is free of malware, we will update all site software and remove software that is not being used. Keeping these up to date prevents vulnerabilities on your site going forward.
Our team will then review your site for broken links, bad redirects, properly functioning SSL and tracking code, and perform quality assurance on prominent site details, such as the copyright date. You can also request additional monthly tasks.
Simple monthly website maintenance is low cost and drastically reduces the risk of website downtime or loss of business due to site errors. Malware issues that do get out of control can take a lot of time to correct, up to and including a complete reinstallation or rebuild of the existing site.
A monthly website maintenance program will keep your site healthy, and ensure that any malware attacks or errors are caught early on to stop or minimize damage.
Consider the following as you begin this project. Our team is happy to collaborate with you on the best approach.
- Do you have access to your hosting and domain accounts?
- Have you ever had issues with malware on your current website? If so, was the problem resolved?
Every brand is different. We believe that marketing should be highly-tailored for each brand. Since our team works with a wide range of industries that targets a variety of audiences across many markets, samples of our team’s work will convey an approach that is dramatically different from the approach that we would take for your brand.
We work closely with every new member to document their business’ unique visual branding and messaging approach prior to conducting any work.
Click here to learn about our team’s industry-specific strategic approach.
Our team will execute this project in defined phases and we will keep you updated on progress within each phase of development, giving you the ability to provide feedback, direction or collaborate with our team throughout every step of the process.
1) Access Coordination and Strategy
During this initial phase, our team will review your business’s Member Profile, project details, and project considerations.
We confirm access to your hosting account, domain registrar, and website admin, if applicable. We also confirm project requests with you and ask clarifying questions, as necessary.
2) Strategic Program Overview
During the next phase, we finalize our strategic approach to the website maintenance program. If you have any specific requests for your website, we will address them during this phase.
Once finalized, we present all elements of the website maintenance process to you. If our team identifies malware issues that need to resolved, we make arrangements with you to get the site to a healthy state. We encourage you to give us feedback during this phase.
3) Recurring Monthly Updates
Once we have confirmed that the site is free of malware and you have confirmed the strategic approach for your website maintenance program, we move forward with the recurring monthly updates. If you provided our team with feedback during the previous phase, our team will address those requests in this phase.
On a monthly basis, we complete the Website Maintenance Checklist, which includes the following:
- Back up the website
- Update all site plugins
- Update all themes
- Update WordPress installation
- Scan the website for issues or conflicts
- Check the status of broken links, and fix or redirect links that are broken
- Check the site copyright date
- Check the website SSL installation
- Ensure Google Analytics Property and Google Search Console are tracking correctly
- Run a malware scan
Most of the steps for this project are required to ensure that your business’s website is up to date, secure, and functioning correctly.
After completing the Website Maintenance Checklist and resolving any issues, our team sends you an update, at least once per month.
- Scan through the primary pages of the site to make sure that updates did not cause any issues or conflicts.
- Check the status of broken links, and fix or redirect links that are broken.
- Check the copyright date in the site footer to make sure that it is correct.
- Check website SSL installation. Make sure that the site is secure and check for mixed content.
- Check Google Analytics Property and Google Search Console to be sure that tracking code is installed, search console property is added and verified, and that both are tracking properly.
- If Google Analytics and Search Console are not connected, connect them to your Google Analytics and Search Console accounts.
- Install the Got MLS plugin and run a malware scan. If malware is found, allow the plugin to resolve issues.
Our team works as a fluid extension of each of our member’s businesses by developing strategies and executing projects in whatever capacity is best for their unique needs.