3 – 5 Hours Monthly
Recurring (Monthly Updates)
Our Online Reputation project is designed to grow your business with a positive brand reputation online.
To do this, we request reviews from your previous and current customers through an automated system. From there, we showcase positive reviews online and mitigate negative reviews by pushing them offline.
We also interpret your brand sentiment on a recurring basis to ensure your brand reputation is improving over time.
By building a positive brand reputation online, prospective customers searching for your products or services, and those targeted through advertising efforts, are presented with your brand’s best reviews.
Since most consumers use customer reviews when deciding on where to purchase a product or service, having a positive online reputation is critical to encouraging prospects to turn into leads and, eventually, convert into customers.
What to Expect
Our team evaluates current sentiment and develops a strategy to improve sentiment going forward. For this effort, we utilize keywords specific to your brand to help your prospects find you and your reviews.
We also solicit reviews from your current and previous customers. When reviews are positive, we encourage your customers to share them on your preferred platforms; when they are dissatisfied with your product or service, we encourage them to reach out to you, mitigating problems offline, which decreases the number of negative reviews online.
We also develop a Response and Escalation Policy with you to mitigate negative feedback in a quick fashion to help increase customer satisfaction and decrease negative reviews online.
Our team also resolves any false reviews, if they occur, and evaluates sentiment on a recurring basis to help improve your overall online reputation over time.
Online Reputation helps build your brand’s reputation by showcasing positive reviews in prominent search areas online.
Prospective customers typically read reviews from previous customers before deciding whether or not to purchase from or work with your business. This is why managing your online reputation, primarily in the format of reviews, is critical to increasing sales with new customers.
Having relevant directory listings in place before you start this project can improve the performance of this project. Learn more about your industry’s top directory listings in your industry-specific marketing strategy.
Consider the following as you begin this project. Our team is happy to collaborate with you on the best approach.
- Do you have business listings where customers can leave reviews? E.g. Google My Business, Yelp, Facebook, etc.
- Do you currently have a process in place to request reviews?
- Do you currently have a process in place to respond to negative reviews?
Every brand is different. We believe that marketing should be highly-tailored for each brand. Since our team works with a wide range of industries that targets a variety of audiences across many markets, samples of our team’s work will convey an approach that is dramatically different from the approach that we would take for your brand.
We work closely with every new member to document their business’ unique visual branding and messaging approach prior to conducting any work.
Click here to learn about our team’s industry-specific strategic approach.
Our team will execute this project in defined phases and we will keep you updated on progress within each phase of development, giving you the ability to provide feedback, direction or collaborate with our team throughout every step of the process.
1) Access Coordination and Strategy
During this initial phase, our team reviews your Member Profile and the project details. We collaborate with you to clarify the platforms customers should publish reviews on.
We conduct initial keyword research to identify the highest opportunity keywords that represent the brand and company. We determine keywords to utilize by reviewing searched keywords not used by competitors.
We will then create alerts with the company name and keywords using ORM software, review brand mentions, and evaluate and interpret current sentiment (good, bad, or neutral) through reviews and mentions (together and separately).
We also utilize the keywords to update the business listings you want to use for this effort. We may add photos and refine the location to optimize your business listings, if necessary.
At the end of this phase, we will present you with details about your current sentiment and information on next steps.
2) Strategic Program Overview
During the next phase, our team creates a strategic plan to improve sentiment; this plan may incorporate other active marketing programs, such as Social Media, Blog Articles, etc. Generally, this plan will be organized in one of two ways:
- If there are few reviews, we first solicit reviews. Then we respond to reviews.
- If there are a lot of negative reviews, we first respond to reviews. Then we solicit more reviews.
We will also develop a Response and Escalation Policy for you in the event that reviewers request business, product, or service improvements.
Once the plan and policy are created, we begin implementing the strategic plan to improve sentiment.
At the end of this phase, we present the Sentiment Improvement Plan and the Response and Escalation Policy to you, and go over actions already completed.
3) Recurring Monthly Updates
During this phase, our team solicits and monitors reviews, responds to reviews, and evaluates and interprets sentiment on a monthly basis.
In the case of negative reviews, our team may coordinate content ideas within your active communications projects to address topics unhappy customers include in their reviews. If this occurs, we will send you an update in both projects.
In the case of false-negative reviews, our team follows the Response and Escalation Policy, and takes aggressive SEO action, if needed, which typically looks like this:
- If you own the content, we try to push that listing on a later page in Google pages.
- Increase the ranking of positive content, owned by you or a third party, to push the negative listing lower in the pages.
We send you a comprehensive update every month to show reputation improvement over time.
- Conduct initial keyword research to identify the highest opportunity keywords that represent the brand and company. Determine keywords to utilize by reviewing searched keywords not used by competitors.
- Develop a way to monitor your brand mentions.
- Evaluate and interpret sentiment (good, bad, or neutral) through reviews and mentions (together and separately) on a consistent basis. This will help you develop a plan to improve sentiment over time.
- Create a plan to improve sentiment by soliciting reviews and responding to negative reviews. Using a third-party review service can help you automate this process.
- If one your clients has technical issues leaving a review, ask the client to email you the review (star rating and text) and then enter it manually.
Our team works as a fluid extension of each of our member’s businesses by developing strategies and executing projects in whatever capacity is best for their unique needs.