Curious as to how other companies from various industries are tackling social media marketing? A study by Vertical Response has produced some interesting insights about startups and social media marketing:
- 55% of startups currently maintain a blog.
- 70% of startups have a Twitter account.
- 90% of startups have a Facebook page.
- Almost 60% of startups spend at least $26/month on tools to help them manage social media campaigns.
- 43% of startups spend at least 6 hours per week on social media.
- 1/3 of startup owners/CEOs want to spend less time on social media.
- 34% of startups post to Facebook several times each week.
- 21% of startups post to Twitter several times each week.
- 71% of startups never post on Pinterest.
You can see the results of the survey in an infographic at Boston.com. With the numbers rising every day and more and more startups taking the plunge and investing in social media marketing, having a solid strategy is not optional anymore. Having a constant stream of content from blogs and social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook are now considered prerequisites to keep up with the competition.
There’s no need to worry about denting your startup’s budget when you decide to invest in social media marketing. Having regularly updated social media profiles and blogs with informative content that will make customers want to come back for more can be a very challenging feat if you have to achieve it while running your own startup. Your social media experts at SharedTEAMS are here to help. With a SharedTEAMS membership, you have access to a full, on-demand marketing department – including our Social Media Team, Strategy Team, Advertising Team, Website Team, Graphic Design Team, and Communications Team. Learn about our membership packages here.