6 – 10 Hours
3 – 5 Days
The Visual Branding Modernization project is best for businesses that have outdated branding and wish to update their logo, color palettes, fonts, and images for a modern look that more closely represents the brand.
Some or all of the visual branding elements may be updated, depending on your specific needs.
What to Expect
Your Member Profile is heavily referenced by our team to ensure that your branding truly reflects the different aspects of your business.
Your updated logo, color palette, fonts, image styles, and all of the other visual elements that represent your brand will be formalized and made available for future communications, design, and advertising projects.
The final deliverable associated with this project is a visual branding style guide to be used as a reference for all marketing programs and is reflected in your Member Profile.
Modernization of your visual branding is sometimes necessary in order to keep your brand relatable and to help your business stand out among competitors.
Visual consistency is vital to brand recognition and helps build trust with your audience.
Consider the following as you begin this project. Our team is happy to collaborate with you on the best approach.
- Do you wish to update an existing company logo?
- Do you wish to update the color palette used in your visual branding? If so, are there any colors that you want to avoid using?
- Do you wish to update fonts used in your visual branding? If so, what types of fonts do you prefer?
- What types of images or image styles do you feel represent your brand?
- Are there any images or image styles that you wish to avoid using for your brand?
- Is there anything specific that you would like to accomplish by updating your visual branding?
Every brand is different. We believe that marketing should be highly-tailored for each brand. Since our team works with a wide range of industries that targets a variety of audiences across many markets, samples of our team’s work will convey an approach that is dramatically different from the approach that we would take for your brand.
We work closely with every new member to document their business’ unique visual branding and messaging approach prior to conducting any work.
Click here to learn about our team’s industry-specific strategic approach.
Our team will execute this project in defined phases and we will keep you updated on progress within each phase of development, giving you the ability to provide feedback, direction or collaborate with our team throughout every step of the process.
1) Access Coordination and Strategy
During this initial phase, we review your Member Profile, which serves as the core reference for this project, to understand the whole picture of the business, paying special attention to business values, offerings, audiences, differentiators, and industry research.
We also review previous branding pieces and confirm project requests with you.
2) Initial Project Approach
During the next phase, we develop the initial drafts of the branding pieces that need to be modernized, which may include 3 logo options, color palette, fonts, and image styles.
If you provide us with a style guide, we may use your exisiting color palette and fonts.
We may provide you with a sneak peek at this phase.
3) Project Presentation
For this next phase, our team presents all elements to you, including the strategic approach behind design choices and how they relate to your business. We encourage you to give our team feedback during this phase if the design approach does not align with your vision.
4) Project Closure Plan
Once you have reviewed the modernized visual branding details, we make any requested adjustments and follow through with any new version requests for any branding elements.
Once all visual branding elements are approved, we create the style guide and update the Visual Branding page in the Member Profile.
We present the updated style guide to you and give you access to all elements. The style guide will be used as a reference for all future marketing programs.
- Use business values, offerings, differentiators, audiences, and industry research as a foundation for the visual branding style guide. Also consider previous branding efforts, if any.
- When creating logo options, develop each option in multiple formats, including horizontal, vertical, and badge (square).
- When creating a color palette, note all relevant color values (RGB, CMYK, and HEX) to ensure accuracy and consistency across projects.
- When creating a font guide, develop font combination choices and include headers, sub-headers, and paragraph styles, as well as logo fonts.
- When developing imagery style examples, include specific applications, such as for the website or social media.
Our team works as a fluid extension of each of our member’s businesses by developing strategies and executing projects in whatever capacity is best for their unique needs.