5 – 8 Hours
3 – 5 Days
The Print Ad Design project is perfect for your print advertising needs. Our experienced design team is equipped to help with ad placement for magazine ads, trade show program advertising, local business ad design, or any other publication advertisement.
If you need help with writing ad copy, our communications team is available on request to develop ad copy according to your specific project needs.
We’ll also work to your vendor specifications and, on request, help facilitate work with print vendors to ensure that your ad comes out as expected and within your print deadlines.
What to Expect
The final deliverable for this project is a professionally designed, eye-catching ad in accordance with whatever specifications are provided from the magazine or publication vendor.
Our focus is to ensure that the final ad meets your advertising needs and to minimize back and forth communication with the print vendor.
Our graphic design team is experienced in the print design workflow, including formatting for print, font management, image and graphics optimization, and preflighting files for both digital and traditional press. Our team can correspond with your print vendor directly, upon request.
Magazines and publications vary in quality based on print vendors and processes, paper choices, printer capabilities, and more. An experienced print design team will help you maximize your ad quality and appeal while working within those varying limitations.
Because SharedTEAMS uses your Member Profile as the primary reference for every project, your final ad will also be in sync with your business details and messaging, and formatted to meet your visual branding guidelines.
Consider the following as you begin this project. Our team is happy to collaborate with you on the best approach.
- Who is your target audience for this advertising project?
- What is your primary goal for this ad placement? Do you want to increase brand awareness, generate leads, generate website traffic, generate event traffic (such as a trade show booth), increase physical store traffic, or something else?
- How will you track success for the ad? For example: web traffic or landing page visits, incoming phone calls, or visits to store or tradeshow booth.
- What products or services are you supporting with this ad?
- If multiple ad sizes are available, what size ad do you wish to place?
- Do you know what you want the ad to say (ad copy)?
- Do you know the ad specifications?
- Are there any special printing needs for this ad? For example: specialized ink, special paper considerations, die-cutting, etc.
Every brand is different. We believe that marketing should be highly-tailored for each brand. Since our team works with a wide range of industries that targets a variety of audiences across many markets, samples of our team’s work will convey an approach that is dramatically different from the approach that we would take for your brand.
We work closely with every new member to document their business’ unique visual branding and messaging approach prior to conducting any work.
Click here to learn about our team’s industry-specific strategic approach.
Our team will execute this project in defined phases and we will keep you updated on progress within each phase of development, giving you the ability to provide feedback, direction or collaborate with our team throughout every step of the process.
1) Access Coordination and Strategy
During this initial phase, we review the Member Profile as the core reference for this project. We coordinate any additional details for the ad design at this point, including the ad copy.
We review the ad copy, which will either be provided by you or our team, to ensure that it has been finalized and is ready for layout.
We will confirm ad specifications and any special requirements for the ad or ads during the first phase. If print vendor correspondence is requested, those contact details will be confirmed as well.
2) Initial Project Approach
During the next phase, we begin drafting the design layout and provide you with a sneak peek of the ad design, giving you the opportunity to provide feedback.
3) Project Presentation
During this phase, we complete and finalize the ad draft, ensuring the ad has all of the requested content and follows the specifications provided by you or the vendor.
Once finalized, we present the initial ad drafts, giving you an opportunity to provide feedback.
4) Project Closure Plan
Once you have had time to review the ad, we carry out any requested changes, finalize the design, and present the final draft to you.
If assistance with print vendor communication has been requested, we submit the final ad to the print vendor and work through any remaining details, if necessary, with the vendor. We will keep you updated throughout this process.
If no assistance with print vendor communication has been requested, we provide you with the final print files according to the vendor specifications.
- Coordinate ad content, vendor contact details, ad specifications, and other details before beginning the design.
- Choose a design layout (as it relates to the content) before determining the specifics of the design.
- Leave yourself time to make design updates before finalizing the project and submitting it to a publication. Try to avoid last-minute ad submissions because the vendor may have further requests.
Our team works as a fluid extension of each of our member’s businesses by developing strategies and executing projects in whatever capacity is best for their unique needs.