4 – 6 Hours Monthly
Recurring (Monthly Updates)
*Estimate based on 4 potential influencers determined and contacted per month.
Partnering with influencers – specifically on blogs, Instagram, and YouTube – can help you target ideal customers and earn their trust.
Influencers help drive website traffic while increasing brand awareness and credibility. This is typically a less expensive version of advertising that often has a higher ROI because it is seen as organic content by consumers.
By targeting influencers that already serve your target audience, you are not only increasing your brand awareness, but you’re also helping the influencer serve their audience by sharing another brand they can recommend to their established audience.
Most of our Social Media Influencer projects work with micro-influencers. These influencers have smaller followings than celebrity influencers, but they serve a more specific niche and often have a devoted following.
What to Expect
Our team scopes out potential influencers for your brand, reaches out to them on your behalf, manages the relationship primarily via email, and monitors posts to be shared with you or our social media team.
When an influencer agrees to work with your product-based brand, we send you the influencer’s mailing address so you can send them their free product. An alternative would be to pay them for their time as well as providing the influencer with a free product.
When an influencer agrees to work with your services-based brand, we will coordinate with you the best course of action for working with the influencer, whether that will be with our team or directly with your team.
Social Media Influencer projects help promote your products or services to relevant audiences, which helps increase your brand awareness, which leads to increased sales.
Influencer marketing typically takes about 3 months to see a small increase in brand awareness and sales, and about 6 months to really see the brand taking off, which is why we recommend pursuing this project for a minimum length of 6 months with a suggested timeline of 12+ months.
Over this time period, multiple influencers should be utilized multiple times when possible.
Having an active Social Media presence before beginning the Social Media Influencer effort can increase the performance of this project.
Consider the following as you begin this project. Our team is happy to collaborate with you on the best approach.
- Do you have influencers in mind for this project?
- How much are you willing to pay influencers? E.g. free product or service plan, or a fee.
- What platforms do you want to focus influencer efforts on?
- Do you have an email address dedicated to media inquiries? E.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: You do not need to be active on a platform to work with an influencer who is active on that platform, though it can help.
Every brand is different. We believe that marketing should be highly-tailored for each brand. Since our team works with a wide range of industries that targets a variety of audiences across many markets, samples of our team’s work will convey an approach that is dramatically different from the approach that we would take for your brand.
We work closely with every new member to document their business’ unique visual branding and messaging approach prior to conducting any work.
Click here to learn about our team’s industry-specific strategic approach.
Our team will execute this project in defined phases and we will keep you updated on progress within each phase of development, giving you the ability to provide feedback, direction or collaborate with our team throughout every step of the process.
1) Access Coordination and Strategy
During this initial phase, our team reviews your Member Profile, confirms project details, and coordinates how we will work with influencers, creating expectations for this process.
We also create a media email account on the member’s domain (if one is not already created) for this project and other media projects, and begin researching potential influencers.
2) Strategic Program Overview
During the next phase, our team researches potential influencers and narrows down the first 4 to reach out to this month. If other potential influencers should be considered in the future, we take note of that.
We document the contact information for the 4 potential influencers, including their first and last name, blog or business name, email address, and alternative contact details, as well as specific details about why the influencer would benefit from receiving your product or working with your business.
Using your business’s social media accounts, we start following and engaging with the potential influencers. This engagement also acts as mild research.
Then we draft and finalize personalized email content for each potential influencer using details learned during our research.
At the end of this phase, we present the prospective influencers and email content to you. We wait at least one week to send the emails, unless otherwise requested.
We may also recommend resources to create an influencer agreement, if requested.
3) Recurring Monthly Updates
On a monthly basis, our team determines about 4 more influencers, engages with them on social media, and creates unique email drafts to send them. During this process, we draft email content for each potential influencer according to feedback received from last month’s responses. After about a week, we then proceed to email the prospective influencers.
We also monitor the media email account for influencer responses and manage the relationships going forward, monitoring posts for social media sharing.
When influencers agree to work with you, we confirm details with them, including payment and posting expectations. We coordinate all of these details with you in an ongoing basis.
We send you an update at least once per month, which includes potential influencer details and responses from influencers.
After an influencer has posted on your behalf, we capture the post and send it to you to publish on your social media pages. If you have an active Social Media project, our team will share the post on your behalf.
- Use a specific media email (e.g. media @businessname.com) for this and other media outreach projects. This is how you will communicate with most potential influencers.
- Research potential influencers on a variety of sites, such as social media, influencer listings, and blogs. Choosing the right influencers to approach is the most important part of this process. The collaboration must be mutually beneficial.
- Start following and engaging with the potential influencers via social media on the platforms they are on using your business’s accounts.
- When drafting an email to a potential influencer, use personal details pulled from their social media posts or blog posts. Connect with them before asking them to collaborate by telling them what you like about their brand, how you found one of their blog articles helpful, how you can relate to their stories, etc.
- Consider using a legally-binding influencer agreement with each influencer who agrees to work with you. This sets up expectations on both ends.
- Research and reach out to potential influencers on an ongoing basis. This will help stagger your influencer content at any given time.
- Don’t be afraid to email each influencer up to 3 times if they don’t respond or they respond that they are not accepting collaborations at that specific time.
- Check your media email account at least monthly, though weekly is ideal.
- Share the influencer’s posts and Stories about your products or services as long as the influencer does not prohibit it (they often want you to, but it’s best to be sure before the agreement is complete and posts are published).
Our team works as a fluid extension of each of our member’s businesses by developing strategies and executing projects in whatever capacity is best for their unique needs.