4 – 6 Hours Monthly
Recurring (Monthly Updates)
According to Campaign Monitor, “Email marketing drives $44 for every $1 spent.” How? A well-formulated, consistent email newsletter generates and nurtures leads for your business.
Over time, many of those leads turn into conversions, leading to more sales and happier customers. A newsletter program increases prospect and customer engagement, and establishes brand loyalty with your customers.
The focus of this program is to maintain consistent communication with your prospects and customers to help build trust and brand awareness. Doing so helps remind your subscribers about your brand and products or services on a regular basis, keeping you top-of-mind when they’re ready to purchase.
It also gives you the ability to offer your subscribers special insight into your expertise, which provides you credibility in your industry before they purchase.
What to Expect
Our team manages the entire project scope, including the initial email marketing account setup and subscriber acquisition optimization, as well as the recurring content creation, image selection, copywriting, template design, testing, and scheduling. We can also work with your current email marketing account, if you have one.
We tailor the email design and content to your audience as a way to engage them and help them recognize your brand easily according to your visual branding strategy.
We schedule every newsletter to send to your subscribers at optimal dates and times after providing you time to review them. We also send you monthly performance updates and make strategic modifications accordingly.
Newsletters help build prospect and customer relationships with your business in an engaging way. This is done through many small conversions before the large conversion (sale) and again for repeat sales. These small conversions include things like replying to the email, downloading a freebie, and reading a blog post.
Conversions, small and large, are focused in each newsletter through one primary call to action (CTA) so your subscribers know what you’re offering them and why it matters to them.
These conversions happen because your newsletters provide value, small and large, to your subscribers, so you can expect your newsletters to primarily provide value to subscribers, which nurtures leads, while also increasing sales.
Email newsletters help you reach more prospects and customers on a consistent basis.
Over time, these emails help build your brand loyalty by gently reminding your audience about you without being overwhelming.
Newsletters are also a great outlet for your business because it is a great medium to share business information, such as new products or services, events, promotions, and more.
Creating a signup form on your website to collect email addresses of website visitors can increase the performance of this project. Our team can help you determine the type of signup form, such as a pop-up or full landing page, based on your website and needs, as well as complete the entire process for you.
Lead magnets, such as ebooks or video content, can increase the performance of this project. Learn more about the best lead magnets for your industry in the Communications section of your marketing strategy.
Consider the following as you begin this project. Our team is happy to collaborate with you on the best approach.
- What email marketing platform do you use?
- Do you want a simple, text-focused newsletter or an image-focused newsletter?
- Have you had problems with spam filters before?
- Do you have a plan in place that determines how you gather email addresses for your email list?
- Do you think you need multiple email lists or just one?
- Do you have a vision for your newsletter in look and feel?
- Are you happy with your current newsletter content approach?
Every brand is different. We believe that marketing should be highly-tailored for each brand. Since our team works with a wide range of industries that targets a variety of audiences across many markets, samples of our team’s work will convey an approach that is dramatically different from the approach that we would take for your brand.
We work closely with every new member to document their business’ unique visual branding and messaging approach prior to conducting any work.
Click here to learn about our team’s industry-specific strategic approach.
Our team will execute this project in defined phases and we will keep you updated on progress within each phase of development, giving you the ability to provide feedback, direction or collaborate with our team throughout every step of the process.
1) Access Coordination and Strategy
During this initial phase, our team reviews your Member Profile as well as the project details. We either log in to your email marketing account and review previous editions and the overall performance of those editions, or we create an account for you. We may ask you questions to clarify details or expectations before we get started.
Our team will also begin developing a strategic approach for the newsletter based on industry best practices and your unique business. If previous editions were sent, we will consider how to improve engagement rates.
2) Strategic Program Overview
During the next phase, we will design a template according to the member’s visual branding and preferences, and use it to develop the first edition.
Once the first newsletter edition is created, we will test it for compatibility across devices and schedule it to send at an optimal time. We will present the first newsletter to you and send you an update typically one week before the newsletter is scheduled to send to subscribers, giving you time to review it.
3) Recurring Monthly Updates
Once the first newsletter has been sent, our team reviews the performance of it and makes adjustments to the next newsletter accordingly. We create the next newsletter based on the performance of previous month’s newsletter and the strategic recommendations made, if any. We test the email for compatibility across devices and schedule it to send at an optimal time. We present the monthly newsletter to you and send you an update typically one week before the newsletter is scheduled to send.
On a recurring basis, we will send you at least one monthly update that includes the following information:
- Review of previous month’s newsletter performance
- Any strategy updates to improve performance
- Overview of the approach for the next newsletter
- If you currently don’t have an email marketing platform, Mailchimp will likely suit your needs. Please note that email marketing does not work using email platforms like Office365 Email, Outlook, or Gmail because they do not offer the same features, templates, or performance reporting.
- If you’re a B2B, your audience will typically have heavier spam filters, so it’s probably best to use a simpler, text-focused newsletter.
- If you’re a B2C who focuses on images for your business, you will likely want to use an image-heavy template that is easy to edit in a live editor.
- Purchased lists often perform poorly, so it’s best to only use opted in email addresses.
- Review previous newsletters, if any, before developing the content approach.
- When creating the newsletter content, you will typically focus on driving subscribers to your website with a clear call to action, but also consider utilizing third-party sources that aren’t on competitor sites to convey your expertise and trustworthiness.
- Preview and test emails across multiple devices before sending them to subscribers.
- Monitor the performance of each email and take note of any details that could impact future newsletters.
Our team works as a fluid extension of each of our member’s businesses by developing strategies and executing projects in whatever capacity is best for their unique needs.